Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Everyday life...


7/6/11
Yummmmmm!

Another day with field work followed by lab work.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened today.   Erin and I FINALLY got internet though!  Now I can post blogs regularly!

After leaving the lab pretty early today (7:30pm), the entire group went to Bombay – an Indian restaurant.  So delicious!!!  Naan, butter chicken, lentils, and more… I seriously ate until my stomach hurt.  And then I ate more.  The owner made us a special dessert that looked like fish eggs and worms with ice cream.  I tried it, but still couldn’t tell what it was… All in all, a pretty good day.  And Bombay better watch out because we’ll be there a lot!


Our dessert at Bombay.

7/8/11
“Ron, Ron, Ron Weasly!”

I had a pretty relaxing morning today, with an afternoon in the lab.  We measured the volume, mass, and turbidity of 105 of the 200 samples.  When I got back from the lab, Erin and I had a new roomie – Prof. Firehock.  She seems like she’s going to be a lot of fun for the next 2 weeks. 

After dinner, Diana and Miki came over to watch Harry Potter 7 (part 1) with Erin and I.  We had a lot of fun, and we tried to recreate the Potter Puppet Pals “Mysterious Ticking Noise” song.  We’re hoping to be able to see the final movie while we’re here, but apparently the movie theatres are really sketchy…

No comments:

Post a Comment